Friday, August 29, 2008

Good News!

Dave here with a quick update.

We headed for the hospital this morning, driving out in faith, praising God as we went. Mikey made some praise CDs that we sang to on the way. Twenty-five or so friends and family came to hospital and countless others were praying. Pastor Dan prayed over Julie before she went back and Pastor Alton encouraged us all.

As I write this, Julie is out of surgery and in recovery. Everything went as planned and she's doing well. Dr. Stahl just came out and gave us all the good news: Initial pathology results indicate the lymph nodes are clear! There was much applause and tears of joy at the news. Praise the Lord! We won't get the final results until Tuesday, but the doctor believes we've gotten ahead of the cancer. We'll still have to do chemo to make sure we've killed off any microscopic cancer cells that may be lingering. But we're very relieved and encouraged by the initial results. Thank you for your prayers and please keep them coming for Julie's recovery and the final pathology results.

5 comments:

Angela said...

What great news!!! :D I'm so happy and relieved for all of you!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Our many prayers are being answered! I am sorry we couldn't be there with all of you, but you have been in our hearts, minds, and endless prayers.
God is good & the power of prayer is awesome....the battle is on and the good side is winning!
Blessings and Love to all!
Bill & Cheryl

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh.... I've had a rock in my stomach all day. I can't stop the tears of relief and thankfulness after reading this amazing news! Give thanks to God, for He is good. All the time.

Love you so much.
Rach

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went so well. All of Five Seasons has you in their prayers. God bless your whole family through all this.

Andrea said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news. When we returned to Wilmington from Cincinnati, our internet connection was out and I couldn't wait to hear the news. Yours was the first page I checked. Now hopefully you can rest and relax and enjoy the US Open. Vamos Rafa!