Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not a Chemo Cocktail Bookreading Bash/Benefit for my Mikey's Mission Trip

No, my book isn't finished yet. But I'm at a point where I would love a few guinea pigs... I mean, some of my fav peeps to come have a sneak preview. A booktrailer, of sorts, if you will.

My Mikey is leaving for his YWAM Mission Trip to Germany and Beyond Sept. 1st, and we thought we'd have a little benefit evening for him. The bookreading bash does not cost anything. Mikey will briefly share about his upcoming mission trip. He will not be asking for money. We will simply have his Germany or Bust coffee can out which will happily and quietly accept any donations. Mikey and his friend Malcolm will also have their M&M bracelets available for anyone who would like to wear one to remember to pray for them while they are on their mission trip.

Amanda Michele Freaking Evans will be performing a couple of sets-bookends, to the evening. Yes, she will be singing "The Chemo Cocktail" or "Cancer is a Bitch" song. She will have CDs for sale, and is donating part of the proceeds to Mikey's mission trip.

Book Bums brews up a de-lish cuppa Highlander Grog, which pairs well with my book. Especially since it's fueled quite a few chapters. They also serve other coffee drinks and such.

Check out their web site at www.bookbums.com. You'll want to make it your official hang out too.

If you're on Facebook, feel free to crash the event page and R.S.V.P. here. And while you're at it you should totally befriend me.

No comments: