Tuesday, January 5, 2010

End of Chemo Cocktail/Bon Voyage Port Rapha Party

(Friday night it is going to be a TGIF at the Evanshire!)

This Wednesday, January 6, Port Authorities (ie., one of my breast surgeons) will undock Port Rapha from my Vena Cava and set him sailing. (Feel free to pray for my surgery at 3pm. I'm a wee bit nervous about it since they don't appear to have happy hour prior to removing ports under one's skin, nestled into the pec muscle, and jacked into one's vena cava.)

I thought it would be good form to give Port Rapha a proper Bon Voyage Party.

And since I also recently downed my last (#24) chemo cocktail, a NON-chemo Cocktail Party just seemed meant to be.
I have the loveliest circle of peeps around me, and I have definitely gotten by "with a little help from my friends". You have shared in my suffering in so many ways; it humbles me. I have been so blessed. Thank you. I hope you will also be able to join in the celebration. Please come and wave Bon Voyage to Rapha with me; let's cheers to a NON-chemo cocktail, and say Ciao to my cancer.

It will be a casual affair this Friday evening. An open house, from 7pm till midnight. Coincidentally, that is happy hour at the Evanshire, so Non-Chemo cocktails and assorted lounge food will be served.

For R.S.V.P.'s, our address so you can google your way here, or more info, comment here, shoot me an email, call my cell, or find me on Facebook.

Cheers and I hope you can come!

1 comment:

Daria said...

Tried finding you on facebook ... but no luck.