Sunday, January 6, 2008

When Mosaics Collide

I stayed up all night last night reading Amy Grant's new book, Mosaic. I actually received two copies for Christmas, one from my mum and one from my hub. I took one of them back to Borders, since that is where they both came from, and asked them if I could return 1/2 of one from my mum and 1/2 of one from my hub, since I'm not about hurting feelings, and they said that would be just fine, and that made me really happy.

Anyway, once the fam faded off into z's, I grabbed a cup of Chamomile and my book off my nightstand. I thought I would just crack into it a wee bit before following the fam. But, since I practically cut my Christian teeth on her Age to Age album, yes, I said album, as in vinyl, that I played on my record player, I found myself on the last page at 5 a.m. with a dried out tea bag in my coffee cup. I'm sorry if that offends, but I don't really do tea cups.

I don't really pull all-nighters much in these days of 40-Love. But how much fun was that! Like sitting up into the wee hours with my elbows on the table listening to an old friend. Doesn't get much better than that.

I really liked my book. Was a bit sad when I ran out of words to read, but I guess she got sleepy, so I turned off the light and drifted off to the mosaic of her music swirling about in my head, which was a really lovely lullaby.

Currently reading :
Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far
By Amy Grant
Release date: 16 October, 2007

No comments: