Monday, March 2, 2009

Titled Windmills in My Rear View Mirror

I just realized yesterday, that I am 6 months out from my double mastectomy. Thank God, and again, thank you all who have been praying for me and supporting me through this. I love the milestone marker, which I find to be terribly encouraging; I don't feel like stopping, so I would like to take a drive-by photo of said mile marker, if only it existed outside my mind. And I love the distance it represents that I have gained from that day; I'm just keeping on driving and glimpsing into my rear-view mirror. Watching it get smaller and smaller and smaller. And waving bye-bye to all the tilted windmills. Woot! My Rocinante (MINI) and me, we go zoom zoom and away!

3 comments:

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Julie,

Keep driving, sister. Only look back as reminder of where you came from and how God blessed that are of your life. Great post!

If you get the opportunity, please pray for the prayer requests on our main page.

God bless,

Mark Seay

ps - feel free to "follow" or grab a free button (top sidebar).

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, Jules! AND soon it will be spring with new life blooming all around and within, as you drive by those mile markers. God has indeed been gracious. May He continue to bless you and keep you, make His face to shine upon you and give you peace!

With much love,
Wendy
(miss you!!!)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That is a big step Julie!!